Thursday, September 9, 2010

Upcoming MMO's by Derrick

























                                                                                                                                                             Blog Introduction:
       Hello, my name is Derrick Phillips. I am doing a series of blog entries on upcoming and newly released mmo’s. Every week I will review a certain mmo and what it is like. I will do my best to keep you updated. I started playing massively multiplayer games when I was 9 years old. I started with Runescape but that game got pretty boring and dull in about a year. I then played World Of Warcraft.  I started my new gaming hobby at the age of 10. I was soon raiding with my guild mates and I still am today. Now I will share my gaming experiences with you so we can better understand the purpose and enjoyment of a multiplayer game. After World of Warcraft I moved to the complex game of EVE. A superior online game when compared to others.


 

        The interesting thing about mmo’s (and my blog) is that it is always changing. Usually in a persistent world such as Guild wars, nothing stays the same for long. People get new gear, they run instances (dungeons) and they enjoy slaying bosses. I love the thrill of fighting huge dragons and interacting with other people. The enjoyment of talking to your friends and forgetting about your real life worries is great. Playing an mmo lets you be a different person, say you’re a human but you want to be a troll. All you would have to do is create a character and start playing.  One my most favorite things to do in a massively multiplayer mmo is role-playing.  Role-playing is acting how your character would act.  It is like being that character instead of typing random stuff on the chat channel. Say if I was a dwarf. Instead of saying “Hey guys lets go questing c’mon!” I would say  “Hey lads lets go adventuring in that thar dungeon!” It provides a sense of importance to the game that you are playing.

     

     I picked mmo’s for many reasons. One of the reasons is that I love them. A lot of mmo’s have a large player base so you’ll never run out of people to talk to. Also, it provides a challenge. Taking down a boss takes coordination, skill, and timing. You can’t just charge in the chamber and think that you will succeed.  In my opinion computers have the best games. No console can match the diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment